Job Number 19137952
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location The Ritz-Carlton| South Beach| One Lincoln Road| Miami Beach|
Florida| United States
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide| The Ritz-Carlton Ladies
and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays
with us| the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of
luxury experiences| we set the standard for rare and special luxury service
the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Responsible for proactively soliciting business. The position is accountable
for handling large group or other customer segments related to opportunities
with significant revenue potential. Actively up-sells each business
opportunity to maximize revenue for individual properties. Aligns customer
profile with the appropriate product. Achieves personal and team related
revenue goals. Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely
fashion for proper service delivery in accordance with Ritz-Carlton standards
of excellence. Creates opportunities to grow the account base through customer
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration|
Marketing| Hotel and Restaurant Management| or related major; 5 years’
experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• 4-year bachelor|s degree in Business Administration| Marketing| Hotel and
Restaurant Management| or related major; 3 years of experience in sales and
marketing or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Understanding Market Opportunities & Driving Revenue
• Targets accounts| markets| or segments with heavy emphasis on proactive
solicitation and account saturation.
• Partners with counterpart to effectively manage the business opportunity.
• Responds to and manages larger and more complex incoming opportunities for
• Identifies| qualifies and solicits new business to achieve personal and
property revenue goals.
• Focuses efforts on accounts with significant potential sales revenue.
• Develops effective sales plans and actions.
• Works with partners to develop creative ideas and proposals for events.
• Maximizes revenue by upselling packages.
• Understands the overall market – competitors’ strengths and weaknesses|
economic trends| supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
• Closes the best opportunities based on market conditions and individual
• Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business
and negotiate contracts.
• Handles complex business with significant revenue potential as well as
significant customer expectations.
Building Successful Relationships
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to
enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls| entertainment| FAM
trips| trade shows| etc.
• Develops relationships within community to strengthen and expand customer
base for sales opportunities.
• Provides excellent customer sales service in order to grow share of the
• Manages and develops relationships with key internal and external
• Utilizes intranet for resources| templates| and information.
• Participates in site visits.
• Develops and facilitate execution of contracts as required.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g.|
generating proposal| writing contract| customer correspondence).
• Executes brand’s Customer Service Standards and property’s Brand Standards
through the sales process.
_The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a
diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does
not discriminate on the basis of disability| veteran status or any other basis
protected under federal| state or local laws._