Job Number 19146030
Job Category Reservations
Location The Ritz-Carlton| South Beach| One Lincoln Road| Miami Beach|
Florida| United States
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide| The Ritz-Carlton Ladies
and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional that long after a guest stays
with us| the experience stays with them. As the premier worldwide provider of
luxury experiences| we set the standard for rare and special luxury service
the world over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Solicits and manages reservations sales-related opportunities. Supervises and
provides training and work assignments to Reservations Sales staff. Actively
up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenue. Achieves personal and
team related revenue goals. Drives customer loyalty by delivering service
excellence throughout each customer experience. Provides service to our
customers in order to grow share of the account on behalf of the company.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; no work experience required.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration|
Marketing| Hotel and Restaurant Management| or related major; 2 years
experience in the sales and marketing| guest services| front desk| or related
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Understanding Markets & Maximizing Revenue
• Identifies new reservations sales business to achieve personal and property
• Understands the overall market| including competitors’ strengths and
weaknesses| economic trends| supply and demand etc.| and knows how to sell
• Closes the best opportunities for the property based on market conditions
and property needs.
• Monitors same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and control
• Gains understanding of the property’s primary target customer and service
expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business| business
issues and concerns| to offer better business solution.
Conducting Daily Reservations Sales Activities
• Responds to incoming reservations sales opportunities for the property that
are outside parameters of the .
• Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business
and negotiate contracts.
• Uses sales resources and administrative/support staff effectively.
• Assists in monitoring group reservation forecast data.
• Coordinates with sales and Convention Services to process rooming lists and
• Supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g.| generating
proposal| customer correspondence).
• Assists with monitoring accuracy of reservation sales orders within tracking
• Tracks no-show reservations and processes charges as needed.
• Checks daily arrivals to ensure all necessary billing instructions are
applied to reservations.
• Monitors wait list and prioritizes order of wait list contacts to be made.
• Prepares work and maintenance orders.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Supports customer loyalty and property’s brand standards by delivering
service excellence throughout each customer experience.
• Services our customers in order to grow share of the account.
• Provides exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and
loyalty by assisting the customer and ensuring their satisfaction before and
during their program/event.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the
appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their
expectations| while building a relationship and loyalty to the company.
• Handles guest complaints and disputes following the instant pacification
Conducting Human Resource Activities
• Monitors reservations sales agents while on phone calls.
• Maintains departmental orientation program for employees to receive the
appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Utilizes all available on the job training tools for employees.
• Utilizes applicable intranet for resources and information.
• Creates contracts as required.
_The Ritz-Carlton is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a
diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. The Ritz-Carlton does
not discriminate on the basis of disability| veteran status or any other basis
protected under federal| state or local laws._