Job Number 20021832
Job Category Administrative
Location Marriott International HQ| 10400 Fernwood Road| Bethesda|
Maryland| United States
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company| with more brands|
more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We
believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So| we ask|
where will your journey take you?
This is a temporary position.
The Strategic Communications Senior Manager will lead strategic communications
and change management in support of the Information Technology (IT)
organization| under the direction of the Director| Strategic Communications
for IT. These responsibilities include oversight and leadership of key
executive messaging| initiative and project-based communications|
organizational transformation communications| and a proactive/reactive
communication strategy for IT. This individual will serve as a primary
communications lead for IT initiatives and projects| and advise on strategic
decisions related to internal messaging across the Marriott enterprise. The
Senior Manager will partner closely with IT project teams and PMO| along with
impacted teams across the company| including Global Operations| Owner +
Franchise Services| HR| Global Communications| and Continent IT| to ensure
collaboration across disciplines on technology-related efforts with focused
communications and initiatives.
The Senior Manager is responsible for 1) providing communications strategy and
support for IT including creating| planning and executing a regular calendar
of organizational communications for the organization internally| and
supporting the development and execution of communications to broader
enterprise audiences (property associates and leaders| GMs| Owners| CECs|
etc.); 2) supporting the development of change management strategies and then
owning the strategic communications planning and deployment for key IT
initiatives to address various stakeholders (e.g.| Consumer Operations|
Continent Leadership| HQ| and Industry) 3) designing and leading the
communication planning process| and inventing or leveraging related
communication vehicles that drive successful delivery of the IT capabilities
across the company| and 4) partnering with communications and PR partners
across the company (e.g.| Owner Franchisee Services| Corporate Communications|
Global Operations| HR| etc.).
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Partner with IT and discipline team members to develop communications
strategies and tactical plans that support BMSC initiatives.
• Create| plan| and execute every aspect of BMSC initiative communications
plans to effectively disseminate key messages.
• Own| develop and manage calendar of key messages to ensure consistent|
relevant and timely delivery of internal communications material.
• Create messages describing BMSC initiatives for use in internal
communications and partner with Corporate/Consumer Public Relations for
external communications (i.e.| industry| competitors)
• Develops targeted communications (examples: memos| Frequently Asked
Questions (FAQs)| presentations| collateral| webcasts| etc.) describing
change| preparation| rollout measurements and milestones based on
international market needs.
• Develop core presentations for BMSC senior leaders and key stakeholders
(owners| associates| customers| etc.).
• Establish methods to measure the effectiveness of change management|
marketing and communications efforts| set targets| track results| and improve
programs. Lead data collection efforts and analyze data and feedback to inform
strategy development; track performance and recommend solutions to
continuously improve performance.
• Promote use and refinement of the communication protocols for all BMSC
disciplines| to include:
o Webcast coordination and execution
o Preparation of Senior Executive memos| presentations and communications
o Maintain distribution standards
• Conduct change readiness assessments evaluate results and present findings
in a logical and easy-to-understand manner.
• Design and apply a structured change management approach and methodology for
• Conduct change impact analysis and stakeholder assessments.
• Improves processes| actively seeks stakeholder feedback and focuses on
• Responds to ad hoc requests.
• Support requests by department managers as needed.
• Seek opportunities to leverage knowledge| resources and work activities
across BMSC Strategic Communications and Change Management and other MI
• Work collaboratively with a variety of key stakeholders both within BMSC and
across the organization to ensure alignment and consistency with broader
organizational communication efforts.
Education and Experience
• Associate degree; 8 years’ experience in business| sales and marketing|
management operations| or related professional area.
• Bachelor’s Degree| preferably in communications or business; 6 years’
experience in business| sales and marketing| management operations| or related
• Graduate degree| MS/MBA (or equivalent) in Business Management| Psychology|
or Related Field.
• Technology or Information Systems experience.
• Hospitality/Lodging industry experience.
• Change management| business transformation and organizational/ process
analysis principles and methodologies experience and knowledge.
• Project management approaches| tools and phases of the project lifecycle