Job Number 19139723
Job Category Event Management
Location Gaylord Palms Resort & Convention Center| 6000 W. Osceola
Parkway| Kissimmee| Florida| United States
Brand Gaylord Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Gaylord Hotels is a multi-location hospitality brand guided by a single focus:
extraordinary meetings and conventions. From guest rooms and meeting space| to
entertainment and dining all in a self-contained environment| Gaylord Hotels
makes meeting planning easy and provides attendees great networking
opportunities. As a Gaylord Hotels STAR| you|ll bring your warm smile| genuine
excitement and a “consider it done” spirit to work. In return| you’ll
experience the rewards of growing your career among a team of professionals
with a passion for excellence. Ready for a change? Take the initiative. Enjoy
Manages the execution of all aspects of events to include planning| day to day
coordination and exit strategies. Serves as meeting planning advocate and
liason to all operational departments. Verifies on-site delivery of hotel
products and services according to conference group plans resulting in a
positive meeting experience. Utilizes software for generation of necessary
program. Advises client on current status of events and function. Coordinates
any changes necessary. Maintains program knowledge by attending planning
meetings| conference calls| reviewing group resumes and banquet event orders
(BEO’s) prior to group arrival. Partners with Conference planning team to
verify issues are identified and resolved. Attends planning visits| welcome
receptions| tie-down meetings| any internal meetings related to security|
parking or production. Proactively resolves potential meeting or room set
issues. Utilizes available resources to meet client requests or resolve client
issues. Verifies that room requirements such as lighting| temperature| AV
equipment| and room set meet client expectations.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years in the event management or related
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant
Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or related major; 1 year
experience in the event management or related professional area required.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Event Operations
• Manages the execution of all aspects of events to include planning| day to
day coordination and exit strategies.
• Serves as meeting planning advocate and liason to all operational
• Assists with coordination of all convention group plans and catering needs
with all required operational departments.
• Verifies on-site delivery of hotel products and services according to
conference group plans resulting in a positive meeting experience.
• Utilizes software for generation of necessary program documents to include
but not limited to pass on reports| Banquet Event Orders (BEO’s)| post
convention report and change logs.
• Advises client on current status of events and functions| including items
pending and action items. Coordinates any changes necessary.
• Maintains program knowledge by attending planning meetings| conference
calls| reviewing group resumes and banquet event orders (BEO’s) prior to group
• Partners with Conference planning team to verify issues are identified and
• Attends planning visits| welcome receptions| tie-down meetings| any internal
meetings related to security| parking or production.
• Resolves potential meeting or room set issues proactively.
• Utilizes available resources to meet client requests or resolve client
• Verifies that room requirements such as lighting| temperature| AV equipment|
and room set meet client expectations.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Delivers excellent customer service throughout the customer experience and
encourages the same from other employees.
• Coordinates and communicates event details both verbally and in writing to
the client and property operations.
• Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
• Uses personal judgment and expertise to enhance the client experience.
• Stays available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous
• Works to continually improve customer service by integrating obtained
feedback and personal judgment into action plans.
• Adaptability – Maintains performance level under pressure or when
experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
• Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing
and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making – Identifies and understands
issues| problems| and opportunities; obtains and compares information from
different sources to draw conclusions| develop and evaluate alternatives and
solutions| solve problems| and choose a course of action.
• Professional Demeanor – Exhibits behavioral styles that convey
confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and
represents the company in alignment with its values.
• Building and Contributing to Teams – Actively participates as a member
of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
• Driving for Results – Sets high standards of performance for self
and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates| focuses|
and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment
goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
• Planning and Organizing – Gathers information and resources required to
set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work
requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
• Coworker Relationships – Interacts with others in a way that builds
openness| trust| and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and
• Customer Relationships – Develops and sustains relationships based on
an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s
• Global Mindset – Supports employees and business partners with diverse
styles| abilities| motivations| and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes
differences to drive innovation| engagement and enhance business results; and
ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
• Organizational Capability – Evaluates and adapts the structure of own
assignments and suggests improvements to work processes to best fit the needs
and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
• Talent Management – Provides support and feedback to help individuals
develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
• Applied Learning – Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities
to improve performance of self and/or others.
• Business Acumen – Understands and utilizes business information to
manage everyday operations.
• Technical Acumen – Understands and utilizes professional skills and
knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct.
o Event Planning – The ability to connect with customers| detail events|
upsell products and services| manage multiple customers at a given time| be
detailed orientated| understand and have a working knowledge of catering and
event management systems.
o Event Services – Have a working knowledge of standards and procedures
for proper meeting room and table set-ups| various meeting room and table
configurations and the set-up of staging and dance flooring.
• Basic Competencies – Fundamental competencies required for
accomplishing basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills – Uses basic computer hardware and software
(e.g.| personal computers| word processing software| Internet browsers| etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning – Demonstrates ability to add| subtract|
multiply| or divide quickly| correctly| and in a way that allows one to solve
o Oral Comprehension – Demonstrates ability to listen to and understand
information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension – Demonstrates understanding of written sentences
and paragraphs in work-related documents.
o Writing – Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the
needs of the audience.