Job Number 19156323
Job Category Sales and Marketing
Location Marriott International HQ| 10400 Fernwood Road| Bethesda|
Maryland| United States
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company| with more brands|
more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We
believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So| we ask|
where will your journey take you?
This is a rare opportunity for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment
as the role is part of the “M Live” organization at Marriott International’s
Real-Time Command Center. It is a real-time environment surrounded by
marketers| producers| editors| he or she will need to quickly spot
opportunities that complement and reinforce existing program strategy such as
strong member stories| and creative content. The social research and content
creation will then be leveraged with the Next Generation of Consumers at
This position will work to identify Good Travel opportunities on social
platforms that focus on hotel experiences as well as zeitgeist good travel
moments. The position will work in partnership across all 30 brands as well as
with the Marriott Bonvoy Digital/Social teams. The position’s primary
functions are to:
1. Identify real-time opportunities via social media listening to create
positive experiences for Marriott Bonvoy members
2. Unearth and showcase emerging and macro trends| in a digital format| to
both the Global Brand and the Global Sales Organization (s)
3. Research and curate trending best practices| socially relevant articles
across Marriott| hospitality| and cross-industry to be shared daily and
monthly in an e-newsletter (M Live Daily/Monthly). This role will launch the
Monthly newsletter as well as managing the entire process of research| and
distribution of the M Live Daily
4. Navigate through Marriott’s platforms to identify key details regarding
the Members’ stay| loyalty status| etc. in order to tag interesting stories
from members to Marriott Bonvoy and Marriott’s portfolio of brands.
5. Leverage Sprinklr| a social media listening tool| as well as native social
platforms to listen and find stories as well as creating Boolean query to
identify opportunities within Sprinklr
6. Surface positive UGC from Marriott Bonvoy members
Education and Experience preferred
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration|
Marketing| Hotel and Restaurant Management| or related major and 0-1 years of
relevant experience; 2 years’ experience in the business| sales and marketing|
management operations| or related professional area.
• Experience working with all existing and emerging social media channels
(Instagram| Snapchat| Twitter| YouTube| Facebook| Sprinklr)
• Experience using analytics to drive decision making and recommend courses of
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Work| Projects| and Policies
• Works across Marriott International with multiple stakeholders
• Develops the Boolean queries and foundation for social media listening to
identify key opportunities
• Use Social Media Listening tool as well as navigating native platforms like
Instagram to identify positive Member examples
• Leverage Marriott platforms to understand guest reservation and loyalty
status to determine eligibility for potential activations
• Partner with Technology teams as necessary
• Partner with Surprise+Delight specialist to support event activation through
social sleuthing and social media listening to identify Surprise+Delight
• Serve as supporting resource on occasion to monitor threat alerts and
identify ones that need to be socialized and communicated to key stakeholders
• Periodically| create Current Events ad hoc for monitoring and communication
to key stakeholders in real-time
• Periodically| develops Boolean query in order to create or modify threat
• Maintain and update distribution lists for M Live Daily| etc.
• Attends and participates in all relevant meetings.
• Presents ideas| expectations and information in a concise| organized manner.
• Maintains positive working relations with internal and external
• Manages time effectively and conducts activities in an organized manner.
• Performs other reasonable duties as assigned by manager.
• Adaptability – Maintains performance level under pressure or when
experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
• Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and
engaging manner through a variety of methods.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making – Identifies and understands issues|
problems| and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different
sources to draw conclusions| develops and evaluates alternatives and
solutions| solves problems| and chooses a course of action.
• Professional Demeanor – Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence
and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents
the company in alignment with its values.
• Strategy Development – Develops business plans by exploring and
systematically evaluating opportunities with the greatest potential for
producing positive results; ensures successful preparation and execution of
business plans through effective planning| organizing| and on-going evaluation
• Building and Contributing to Teams – Participates as a member of a team to
move toward the completion of common goals while fostering cohesion and
collaboration among team members.
• Strategy Execution – Ensures successful execution across of business plans
designed to maximize customer satisfaction| profitability| and market share
through effective planning| organizing| and on-going evaluation processes.
• Driving for Results – Sets high standards of performance for self and/or
others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates| focuses| and
monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals;
proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
• Planning and Organizing – Gathers information and resources required to set
a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work
requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
• Customer Relationships – Develops and sustains relationships based on an
understanding of customer/stakeholder needs and actions consistent with the
company’s service standards.
• Coworker Relationships – Interacts with others in a way that builds
openness| trust| and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and
• Global Mindset – Supports employees and business partners with diverse
styles| abilities| motivations| and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes
differences to drive innovation| engagement and enhance business results; and
ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full
Generating Talent and Organizational Capability
• Organizational Capability – Evaluates and adapts the structure of
assignments and work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals
of an organizational unit.
• Talent Management – Provides support and feedback to help individuals
develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work
Learning and Applying Professional Expertise
• Applied Learning – Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to
improve performance of self and/or others.
• Business Acumen – Understands and utilizes business information to manage
everyday operations and generate innovative solutions to approach business and
• Technical Acumen – Understands and utilizes professional skills and
knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct and manage everyday
business operations and generate innovative solutions to approach function-
specific work challenges.
o A strong understanding of social listening tools and Boolean logic across
multiple platforms with knowledge of how and when to apply deep Boolean
commands like proximity commands| search order commands and more
o Leverages social media listening tools to create Boolean queries around
specific keywords and phrases
o Strong understanding and use of social media (ie Instagram| Twitter|
Facebook| Weibo| Snapchat| YouTube| and other emerging technology)
o Experience working hands on with social listening platforms (ie Sprinklr)
• Basic Competencies – Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing
basic work activities.
o Basic Computer Skills – Uses basic computer hardware and software (e.g.|
personal computers| word processing software| Internet browsers| etc.).
o Mathematical Reasoning – Adds| subtracts| multiplies| or divides quickly|
correctly| and in a way that allows one to solve work-related issues.
o Oral Comprehension – Listens to and understands information and ideas
presented through spoken words and sentences.
o Reading Comprehension – Understands written sentences and paragraphs in work
o Writing – Communicates effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs
of the audience.