Job Number 19146170
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The West Hollywood EDITION| 9040 West Sunset Blvd| Hollywood|
California| United States
Brand Edition Hotels
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
EDITION Hotels combine the visionary genius of boutique hotelier Ian Schrager|
the service delivery of a world-class luxury hotel| and the global reach of
Marriott International to create an entirely new experience in the world of
hospitality. Our hotels are stunning microcosms of the world|s top cities|
featuring the finest in dining| entertainment| nightlife| and service to
create an enchanting experience that makes your spirit soar!
But to create this magical experience| we need you.
EDITION is hiring warm| out-going| authentically amazing people who are
looking for a place to work that inspires them| challenges them and makes them
proud to come to work. A place where service comes from the heart| not from a
handbook. A place that delivers a never-ending theatrical performance that
continuously delights and enchants each and every one of our guests.
We invite you to join us today.
Entry level management position that is assists in the daily operations in
Restaurants/Bars and Room Service. Position assists with menu planning|
maintains sanitation standards| assists servers and hosts on the floor during
peak meal periods and supervises Restaurants/Bars and Room Service
Departments| where applicable. Responsibilities include ensuring guest and
employee satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. Accountable to
ensure standards and legal obligations are followed.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 3 years experience in the food and beverage|
culinary| or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Food Service Management|
Hotel and Restaurant Management| Hospitality| Business Administration| or
related major; 1 year experience in the food and beverage| culinary| or
related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Assisting in Management of Restaurant Team
• Handles employee questions and concerns.
• Monitors employees to ensure performance expectations are met.
• Provides feedback to employees based on observation of service behaviors.
• Assists in supervising daily shift operations.
• Supervises restaurant and all related areas in the absence of the Director
of Restaurants or Restaurant Manager.
• Participates in department meetings by communicating a clear and consistent
message regarding the departmental goals to produce desired results.
Conducting Day-to-Day Restaurant Operations
• Ensures all employees have proper supplies| equipment and uniforms.
• Communicates to Chef and Restaurant Manager any issues regarding food
quality and service levels.
• Assists in ensuring compliance with all restaurant policies| standards and
• Monitors alcohol beverage service in compliance with local laws.
• Assists in achieving or exceeding budgeted goals.
• Performs all duties of restaurant employees and related departments as
• Opens and closes restaurant shifts.
Providing Exceptional Customer Service
• Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service
• Supervises staffing levels to ensure that guest service| operational needs
and financial objectives are met.
• Encourages employees to provide excellent customer service within
• Handles guest problems and complaints| seeking assistance from supervisor as
• Strives to improve service performance.
• Sets a positive example for guest relations.
• Assists in the review of comment cards and guest satisfaction results with
• Meets and greets guests.
Assisting in Human Resource Activities
• Supervises on-going training initiatives.
• Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions
for each position.
• Coaches and counsels employees regarding performance on an on-going basis.