The Dell Quality Engineer will be a strong technical resource and quality
liaison who will partner with internal and external customers and suppliers to
drive real time improvements in design and process to improve field
performance and customer experience on current products. Team member will be
required to use structured product failure data- unstructured customer
feedback- and direct customer feedback to prioritize activities.
Specific responsibilities include:
– Responsible for the design and development activities associated with
technical quality assurance protocols/methods.
– Lead and participate inQET (Quality Extended Teams) and drive effectiv
communications for improved engagement and accountability across the valu
– Drives improvements in usability- customer and product metrics to compl
with industry standards- such as NPS/NSS- IFIR/FIR- or other standards
– Drives continuous improvement in the quality of Dell Enterprise products
such as servers- as experienced by customers.
– Ensures that Dell delivers high quality products to customers.
– Perform data analysis to ensure quality goals and performance measurements
– Monitors quality results & trends and identifies exceptions requiring
– Manages critical issues in field in a timely manner
– Utilize product and process lessons learned to drive preventative actions
and improvement plans.
– Works with customers and customer feedback to drive product improvement
through development process.
– Program management of quality deliverables/processes during development
lifecycle process- such as phase review process.
– Inspects and tests in-process raw materials- production equipment and
– ODM/Supplier engagement to drive quality improvements consistency with all
other accountabilities. Supports RFQs on an as needed basis
BA/BS Degree in Engineering related field (electrical- mechanical- systems-
computer) and 6-8+ yrs of related experience. Graduate degree preferred.
– Strong computer skills(Excel proficiency required-VBA and SQL aptitude a
– Strong data analysis skills
– Ability to work aggressively and effectively with a wide array of personnel
– Strong communication and leadership skills
– Strong project & change management skills
– Structured problem solving- including Lean and/or Six Sigma certification
– Influencing/coaching people at all levels
Job Family: Engineering Job ID: R041526